Saturday, January 7, 2012

What's the difference between Ionic, ceramic, and tourmaline hair styling tools? And which is best?

I'm looking to buy a flat iron that won't damage my hair much and maybe a blow dryer as well. I was searching around when I saw the differnt types and I can't figure out what's the difference. Can anyone help?What's the difference between Ionic, ceramic, and tourmaline hair styling tools? And which is best?
Ceramic are the best ones to use they can get to high heats without damaging your hair. For a blow dryer there really aren't certain types that won't or will damage your hair but Chi is the blow dryer I use it gets very hot and it's not very loud. Professional salons use that brand, they also have straighteners.What's the difference between Ionic, ceramic, and tourmaline hair styling tools? And which is best?
Hair straighteners with ceramic plates are the best choice to make because they are lightweight, heat up quickly, and leave nearly damage free hair. In fact hair irons with the tourmaline technology can actually improve your hairs health, leaving it moisturized and shiny after use.





Your average store bought hair straightener is made with metal plates which heat up more slowly and have uneven heat distribution. This causes hot and cool spots which not only makes it harder to straighten unruly hair but can also cause damage when it overheats certain areas of your hair.





Ceramic plated ionic tourmaline hair straightening flat irons that professional stylists use are a great choice if you want that just left the salon look. They might cost a little more but in the long run your hair will be healthier and look better.I would buy one with ceramic plates coated in tourmaline.
Ceramic or Tourmaline is best for a flat iron.(They pretty much do the same thing...) Those ones actually heat your hair shaft evenly to reduce damage, not stop it. Regular ones heat your hair from the inside out causing massive breakage.


As for blow dryers, go with an ionic one. They omit ions that change the molecular structure of water so that it dissipates from your hair faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment