Sunday, January 29, 2012

Can Calcium Prevent A Receding Hairline?

I heard that calcium can do a lot for your hair, and someone told me that it can prevent or put off a current hairline.


Most of the men on my dad's side of the family have had baldness to some extent.


No one on my mother's side of the family has had hairloss including my grandfather who didn't seem to lose any hair until he died in his mid-70's.


I have an average amount of body hair, maybe a little more. I have hairy legs and a unibrow if I don't shave it, but everything else seems about average for my age.


I have a lot of calcium in my body, so much so that I have been prone to getting kidney stones since I was in 5th grade. I think this is why my bones and teeth are so strong.


So, with the information given, do you think I'll end up bald or with significant hairloss?Can Calcium Prevent A Receding Hairline?
No Calcium has nothing to do with receding hairlines. It is about a chemical that is in your body that starts to target your hair. When you start losing your hair see your doctor and they can prescribe you a drug that would help you.Can Calcium Prevent A Receding Hairline?
Hairloss is genetic; calcium won't help. If you're prone to kidney stones you probably want to avoid taking any calcium supplements, as it's possible that they can contribute to the formation of calcium stones. Natural calcium is safe though.





I rather doubt there will ever be a cure but who knows? I would avoid anything that makes extravagant claims to prevent or cure hairloss - if it sounds too good to be true (and costs a fortune) it probably is.





There are valid products like Rogain (I think that's the name) and Nioxin that may help though.
Here is the deal. There are so many products and theories. Calcium has zero to do with hair. Massage, shampoos, vitamins and whatever are bull. Come overs later, hair plugs, transplants, etc etc. Do you care?





Your hair does not define you.... you do. So don't look like one day as a guy dragging on some little sprouts on top. If your genes say they are going.... they are going. Clean cut and confident. Only weak dudes worrry.

No comments:

Post a Comment