Thursday, January 26, 2012

Can a receding hairline be caused mentally?

I'm about 19 years old, bottom line, my teacher my senior year of high school told me it looked like I was going bald and i've been a in a world of mental hell since then. I never noticed anything wrong with my hairline, but then I began to dwell on it, checking it every day and I noticed yesterday in a picture from my sophomore year it appears my hairline has receded maybe 1/4th an inch from then and now. Now i'm wondering could it have receded simply from mental stressing over it? In which case could I reverse it by simply ';Thinking happy thoughts'; so to speak? (i.e. my hairs going to grow back) There's no genetic balding in my family on my mom or dads side, no one has a receding hairline, just veryone on my moms side has a large forehead, thats about it...so yea....Can a receding hairline be caused mentally?
Yep! the mental state of a person greatly affects his health and the way he looks. Some cases of receding hairline, loss of weight were attributed by doctors to the stress the patient encounters at work, home or school. But if your family doesn't have a history of baldness from both sides (mother and father lineage), it is not likely you'd go bald.

No comments:

Post a Comment