Sunday, January 29, 2012

Is Propecia effective in reversing baldness, especially a receding hairline? If not, what medication works?

I agree with the above. I would like to add though that going bald and being bald are 2 different things. Embrace the very thing that could improve your style. May I reccommend a good site to gain knowledge about baldness and shaving.


It's 2008 man shaved skulls are very fashionable these days.





www.brotherhoodofbaldpeople.comIs Propecia effective in reversing baldness, especially a receding hairline? If not, what medication works?
Propecia works....after a while....I prefer Rogaine, due to the side effects of Propecia (most people don't experience them, but I did.) I've shave my head, so there is grwat absorption of the Rogaine foam...and I see little by little, my hairline coming back....its been gone for about 5 years now...but its coming in.....the sooner you do this, the better....





As a side benefit, I've been getting much more girls and I feel much more confident since shaving the headIs Propecia effective in reversing baldness, especially a receding hairline? If not, what medication works?
Allow me to add some qualifiers to the above statements. For starters, YES, Propecia and Rogaine do work for a little more than half of the men who use them (I have used both and am going back on them shortly), but it takes a long, long time to see the results. You absolutely MUST stick with them religiously or you will get nothing out of it. (This isn't as much of a problem as it used to be, as the price of Rogaine has dropped %26amp; you can get a script for Proscar pills %26amp; cut them into quarters instead of getting the Propecia script - Proscar and Propecia are basically the same thing, but in different doses - read up on it online). Another thing to note is that neither drug was tested for its efficiacy on receding hairlines and thus they are not marketed for that. Finallly, recent research has indicated that for whatever reason, Rogaine %26amp; Propecia work on two completely seperate parts of the balding 'mechanism,' so if you stop taking one of the drugs, you will eventually lose the hair that you regrew with that drug - but not the hair that you regrew as a result of the other. Weird, huh?
Nothing works well, believe me I've tried.





Afraid you get to the only solution: Shaven head :(

No comments:

Post a Comment