Sunday, February 12, 2012

19 year old female with receding hairline...?

Over the past year I've noticed the middle of my hairline getting a lot thinner. At the moment, there's a square inch patch in the middle of my part (centre part) where I can see straight through to the scalp. Now, I know it's not MPB (obviously...) and even if it was female pattern baldness, I'd think I'd be a bit young and I don't have the genes for it anyway. Even when I'm forced to wear a side part now, there's still noticable scalp showing through and it has quite the 'comb-over' look.





Anyway... My point is, I was wondering if anyone could suggest what might be causing it, and even how to reverse it. I saw a doctor, got a blood test... everything came back (frustratingly) fine. And I apparently don't have a fungus or anything. Wasn't much help. If I only had a fungus or something, I could fix it. Oh, how I long for fungus.





However, I did have an incident in the past year where I suddenly stopped taking my daily dosage of 20mg lexapro (antidepressants), which was directly against doctor's orders and I would strongly warn against someone else doing the same. Could this sudden withdrawal from this medication have caused hair loss? I've also put myself under a lot of stress lately as I've recently moved out of home, started university in a different city to my friends and family and broken up with my long-term boyfriend. I was also malnourished for a period of a few months, about three months ago, due to the fact I was unintelligently starving myself due to poor body image.





Short of having perhaps answering my own question... Could anyone suggest new or affirm these causes? Personal anecdotes are also always reassuring.19 year old female with receding hairline...?
Listen dear, I went thru the same. I was using Prozac (antidepressants) for a long while and I stopped it suddenly. The reason for my hairfall was not stopping it(infact some doctors warn that antidepressants cause hairfall) the reason was antidepressants help u face the stress while we stopped it suddenly and the stress was still going on which resulted in hairfall.


I did all blood tests but all came fine, I use Regaine which made my hair come back but whats the use when I stopped it, it fall all again :( The best solution I found was eating well, excercises and relax with some music and put in mind that this world is worth nothing for all the stress, face the damn problems :)


I use now flaxseed capsules 3x per day, ginseng 2x per day, a good multivitamin sevenseas with Iron and Vit E to increase the blood circulation plus loads of salad.


Good luck dear19 year old female with receding hairline...?
You sound like you;ve put your body under a lot of stress recently.





Change your diet, take a few vitamin supplements and in a few months your hair should be strong again.
  • foundation makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment