Friday, February 10, 2012

Cows lick or receding hairline?

hello - my hairdresser has been telling me ever since i was a kid that i have a cowslick, a double cowslick, now there is only one person in my whole family who is bald (my grandad) on my mums side, and he didnt lose his hair till his late 40s, whereas i am only in my early 20s.





The best way to describe it is that my hair at the sides of my head is a little thinner, nothing drastically, my hair goes into a U shape almost, and the peak of my hair sticks upwards as though ive waxed it that way -- even though i dont. I dont notice anything more than the usual few hairs falling out, my shower drain isnt full of hair and my comb isnt either. I have fairly thick hair, but due to my cows lick is distributes it strangely. I dunno, people sometimes say that i have a receding hairline, and others say its just a cowslick - but i didnt know a cowslick can mimic or look like receding hairline.





Any ideas?Cows lick or receding hairline?
A cowlick is at the rear of the head - a widow's peak is at the front of the head. I had a double cowlick on the rear of my head growing up. I always looked like Alfalfa on the Little Rascals. That was WAY back before hairspray or 'dippety do' would make it lie down %26amp; behave itself. A Widow's peak at the front of the head makes that portion of the hair have a mind of it's own. It won't behave itself %26amp; lie down like you want it to. I doubt that it's part of a receding hairline. You can keep an eye on it to see what happens. Although, if it is a receding hairline - there's nothing you can do about it. Genetics rule - you cannot re-program genetics. Don't worry about stuff you have no control over.

No comments:

Post a Comment