Sunday, February 12, 2012

Is it possible to have thin hair and a receding hairline while avoiding baldness?

Hi. I'm 16 years old and my hair is really thin, with a very bad hairline. I can't do anything with my hair such as spiking it up because I just have a bunch of strands at the front of my hairline that are only an inch in length and make my scalp very visible, also for some reason they can't grow any longer, thus unable to be groomed in any direction.





According to my mother the baldness gene comes from the mother's side and everyone on her side has good hair, my grandfather, my grandmother, my aunts and cousins and everyone on my mother's side has avoided baldness. Even my brother has thick hair, but I seem to have gotten screwed, because my hair is very straight and thin while my brother has a widow's peak with a natural wave.





I was wondering if I'm doomed to be bald or if I just have a bad hairline, and if there's any reason for my hairline and anything I can do about it. Is it possible to have thin hair and a receding hairline while avoiding baldness?
If your hair is receding in the front, it does not definitively mean that you will go fully bald. It's possible, and even likely if you're a white male, to at some point develop a so-called maturing hairline, which means that your low teenage hairline creeps up about an inch and maybe an inch and a half near the temples. You don't mention whether you are losing hair (usually you see it on your hands in the shower, on the pillow, in the comb, etc.) or if you have always had this really bad hairline. It is normal for most caucasian men to develop this type of hairline during their twenties or sometimes earlier. If it is only this that is happening, you are not doomed to become bald. Do a search on ';maturing hairline'; for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment